Residence permits for non EU citizens

Residence permit for working

A person who is moving to Sweden to work must have received an offer of employment from an employer in Sweden.

Do you get a job offer from an employer or you plan to hire someone from outside the EU?

Regardless of the type of work permit, we help you and the applicant through the entire application process from the beginning and handle all documentation and communication with the relevant authorities and bodies. In this phase, we examine the employer’s and the applicant’s conditions for the permit applied for. We make sure to avoid the pitfalls that exist and the small mistakes you can make that can cause a rejection. Through our well-established and efficient process, you as a customer will only have contact with us. The only document you need to sign is a power of attorney to us in your capacity as your representative in the application case.

We have the knowledge and experience of the application process for work permits. Through this experience, we know the pitfalls that exist that many, without their own fault, happen to end up in. We inform about and take into account what regulations and regulations exist and make sure that you do not end up in any of these pitfalls.

VNS can help you with:

– New & Extension application

– Application when changing profession or employer

– Extension application for a permanent residence permit

Residence permit for studying

The student must first have been accepted to a full time course of study in Sweden longer than 3 months in order to apply this permit.

The student will also need to demonstrate that he/she can support him/herself during their entire study period.

VNS Consulting can help you with:

– New & Extension application

– Looking for a job after higher studies application 

Resi­dence permit as a family member to some­body in Sweden

If a person is a citizen of a country outside of the EU and they want to move to Sweden in order to live with a family member, then they will need a residence permit. In this context, husbands, wives, registered partners and cohabiting partners all count as family members, and so are children under the age of 18. Adult siblings or the parents of adult children are not normally able to get a residence permit as a relative.

The person in Sweden must be a Swedish citizen or somebody who holds either a permanent residence permit or a temporary residence permit with refugee status. There is also a so-called maintenance requirement in place, which means that the person who resides in Sweden must be able to support both him/herself as well as the family members applying for residence permits.

Visitor permit (for visiting more than 90 days)

If you want to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you must apply for a visitor’s permit. You must be able to support yourself during the time you will be in Sweden

Residence permit to start up your own business

Residence permit to start up your own business (self-employment) permit

If you are going to work for longer than 3 months starting up and running your own business, or if you are becoming a part-owner of a company, you must have a residence permit. The residence permit must already have been granted before you travel to Sweden.


Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from - Youtube
Consent to display content from - Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from - Google
Consent to display content from - Spotify
Sound Cloud
Consent to display content from - Sound